Skip to content

Only those who do nothing make no mistakes

Mentoring
  • einstein.webp

This is one of my personal favorites.

One day, Albert Einstein started to write the nine times table on the blackboard

Table Result
    1 x 9 9
    2 x 9 18
    3 x 9 27
    4 x 9 36
    5 x 9 45
    6 x 9 54
    7 x 9 63
    8 x 9 72
    9 x 9 81
    10 x 9 91

The class mocked and made fun of him because he had made a mistake, as the correct answer for 10 x 9 is 90.

Einstein waited for everyone to stop and said

Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I made one mistake, everyone spotted it and started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make a big deal out of it. Don’t let simple criticism destroy your dreams.

Moral of the story

Only those who do nothing make no mistakes.

This is 100% true. Nobody will ever pat you on the back and tell you what a great job you’re doing, but they will be the first to tell you something is wrong.

• @phenomlab said in Only those who do nothing make no mistakes:

Despite me answering the first 9 questions correctly, no one congratulated me. Instead, when I made one mistake, everyone spotted it and started laughing. This means that despite being very successful, society will only notice the smallest mistake and make a big deal out of it. Don’t let simple criticism destroy your dreams.

nice observation 🙂

• @crazycells yes, one of my favorites. People seem very quick to criticize when you do something wrong, yet never say anything when you get it right.

• @phenomlab said in Only those who do nothing make no mistakes:

@crazycells yes, one of my favorites. People seem very quick to criticize when you do something wrong, yet never say anything when you get it right.

A good little read, enjoyed that 😁.