Skip to content

Fontawesome 5

Unsolved Customisation

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@crazycells ah, I see. That makes sense.

• 3 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab yes it’s a different theme. The other one was not offering much on editable sidebar. It was like flarum hahah

• 2 Votes
    3 Posts

Ah silly me, thanks for finding that!

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts

@mventures Yes, exactly. The other icon will restart NodeBB whilst the first icon I referenced will rebuild (recompile) it.

The huge strength of NodeBB over Flarum (for example) is that the code is precompiled, and called once at boot. PHP’s code has to repeatedly reload code from source making it much slower.

• 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    4k Views

@DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of

[component="topic/quickreply/container"]

However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled

aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png

It will then work

7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png

For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component.

The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on 🙂

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@Sala This should look better

.sidenav .navbar-brand { padding-top: 0.5rem; padding-bottom: 0.5rem; }

e5cec20e-be36-4ee8-9129-fd11ad4656ac-image.png

You can increase the top and bottom padding by increasing the values above.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 5 Votes
    3 Posts

@phenomlab

I love it too

@phenomlab said in Blinking text Effect:

Has that “broken neon light” look that you see in films.

It’s exactly that, kind of old neon signs of bar or pubs a bit cyberpunk too 😉