Skip to content

how to change flarum configuration from apache to nginx?

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation 💗

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@crazycells I know that Flarum has (or had) an extension that lists the users. That wasn’t even in the core - as basic as that is.

• 22 Votes
    59 Posts
    3k Views

@Sala I will likely need admin access to your site for this.

• 6 Votes
    36 Posts
    2k Views

@justoverclock said in Digitalocean step by step guide to nginx configuration:

i’m learning

And that’s the whole point of this site 🙂 If you don’t learn anything, you gain nothing.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@Hari I think you’re referring to this

https://sudonix.com/topic/170/creating-posts-from-rss-feeds-in-flarum

However, this code was never designed to work with WordPress, but you could leverage the WP-CLI to do something similar without too much effort.

• 6 Votes
    15 Posts

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

Flarum is coded in such a way where it tells spiders not to crawl any internal links by adding nofollow tag. How stupid this is

Yes, I agree this doesn’t make any sense. If you compare to WordPress, then (via a plugin of course) you can set the attribute as you wish. It doesn’t make any sense to take a blanket approach. I guess I unerstand why they are doing this, but it’s not an optimum SEO methodology.

@Hari said in Flarum SEO is worst and i still want to use it 😭:

For few minutes i thought i should register a domain called flarumSEOsucks.com

They’d probably sue you for using the Flarum name in a URL 😕

• 2 Votes
    15 Posts

@phenomlab yes,

created different app and moved files and DB now everything is working ✅

thanks 🙂

• Flarum

General
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

@jac said in Flarum:

@phenomlab said in Flarum:

@jac yes, but they are lacking severely in the sense that they still do not have a functional GDPR extension. In addition, Flarum uses PHP as it’s backend infrastructure meaning it’s going to be so much slower than NodeBB will ever be.

Absolutely, I hope Node up their game 😆😉.

Certainly plugin wise anyway 😉

• CSS Help on my Flarum

Solved Customisation
    2 Votes
    5 Posts

@mike-jones Yes, you’ll typically see this type of behaviour if there is another style that has higher priority in the sense that yours will be overridden. Using !important will override the higher preference, but should be used sparingly rather than everywhere.