Skip to content

[NODEBB] Reply Button/arrow answer

Solved Customisation

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired.

Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?

• 5 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW Yes, it is. It’s set far too low meaning other elements with a higher preference will sit over the top of it.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

@mventures said in NodeBB: Consent policy popup:

How did you implement this consent pop-up?

This is located in /admin/settings/cookies

@mventures said in NodeBB: Consent policy popup:

Does it appear every new day for a user who has accepted it?

No. It places a cookie on the machine of the user who visits the site, and once they accept it, it doesn’t appear again unless you select

0bda6e07-efca-4039-a132-c94060a6fec4-image.png

• hover link effect

Solved Customisation
    6 Votes
    18 Posts

@DownPW Looking at the underlying code, class start is being added on hover by jQuery in this function

document.querySelectorAll(".button-gradient, .button-transparent").forEach((button) => { const style = getComputedStyle(button); const lines = document.createElement("div"); lines.classList.add("lines"); const groupTop = document.createElement("div"); const groupBottom = document.createElement("div"); const svg = createSVG( button.offsetWidth, button.offsetHeight, parseInt(style.borderRadius, 10) ); groupTop.appendChild(svg); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupTop.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); groupBottom.appendChild(svg.cloneNode(true)); lines.appendChild(groupTop); lines.appendChild(groupBottom); button.appendChild(lines); button.addEventListener("pointerenter", () => { button.classList.add("start"); }); svg.addEventListener("animationend", () => { button.classList.remove("start"); }); }); })

The CSS for start is below

.button-gradient.start .lines svg, .button-transparent.start .lines svg { animation: stroke 0.3s linear; }

And this is the corresponding keyframe

@keyframes stroke { 30%, 55% { opacity: 1; } 100% { stroke-dashoffset: 5; opacity: 0; } }

It’s using both CSS and SVG, so might not be a simple affair to replicate without the SVG files.

• 5 Votes
    29 Posts
    2k Views

@phenomlab said in nodebb chat roll dice game:

@DownPW I still think you could do something much quicker with jQuery.

Why not but like I said, I have no skills to do that.

If you are motivated, why not but I don’t want to bother you especially since it will only be for a certain period of time.

• 38 Votes
    193 Posts
    28k Views

OMG make sense

Thanks dude 🙂

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts

@downpw I’m inclined to agree with this. There isn’t much else you can do, and provided it works with no odd looking artefacts in other browsers, then ok. The :before and :after are pseudo classes and very well supported across all browsers (except perhaps Internet Exploder, but who uses that these days ?)

• NodeBB Footer

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer:

@jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly

Thanks pal 😁🤝🏻