Skip to content

[NODEBB] Stats

Unsolved Customisation

• 20 Votes
    28 Posts

thanks Mark.

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts

@DownPW it’s possible, yes, but you may inadvertently end up targeting other elements using the same class which of course isn’t desired.

Can you provide a link in DM for me to review?

• Heading text on NodeBB forum

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    27 Posts
    2k Views

@mventures I’ve not done anything here.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 3 Votes
    13 Posts

@DownPW Hmm - it’ll work with iFramely (locally hosted), or you can use the below string to embed using https://community.nodebb.org/topic/7135/nodebb-plugin-ns-embed-ns-embed/114

Watch (?:<a.*?)?(?:https?:\/\/)?(?:www\.)?dailymotion\.com\/video\/([a-zA-Z0-9_-]{4,11})(?:.*?\/a>)? Replace <div class='embed-wrapper'><div class='embed-container'><iframe src='//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/$1' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>

4f5f13f7-0c73-460e-b32f-f974f170b236-image.png

• Tenor GIF Plugin

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    19 Posts

@phenomlab Also for me now 🙂 Upgraded in ACP and all good . Thx.

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts

@Sampo2910 no problems. Happy to help. Just remember that this particular method isn’t the best in the sense that it may not get update notifications. The general recommendation here would be to move back to the official npm repo as soon as the GitHub version has been merged.

For the meantime, it’ll work fine though.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)