Skip to content

NodeBB metadata

Solved Configure

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• 3 Votes
    16 Posts

@phenomlab
    Ah, got it working!
    I reversed the CSS addition to put z index high, and then I could see another error box saying fork title must be at least 3 characters.
    So made the new fork title longer and button responded.

• NodeBB: hCaptcha

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    15 Posts

@mventures none that I know of. I don’t recall selecting these either for mine.

• NodeBB: Consent page

Solved Configure
    4 Votes
    16 Posts

@DownPW I still do not see any issues.

• NodeBB: Favicon upload issue

Solved Configure
    3 Votes
    12 Posts

@phenomlab I am on a Mac, so I used the “Option + Command + I”, and then performed the steps. It loaded my favicon! I checked on Firefox which I haven’t used before, and it showed my favicon also! That’s fantastic and thank you for the help!

• 36 Votes
    55 Posts
    4k Views

@DownPW I see why. The code relies on the existence of

[component="topic/quickreply/container"]

However, this by definition means that the below has to be enabled

aeef638f-4188-489d-a9f2-f3a26dbca9d8-image.png

It will then work

7fb38631-e0f3-46ef-b652-00929d927b13-image.png

For some unknown reason, this is hidden in Harmony, and only shows if you select it. In v2, it seems that the <section> is deleted altogether in Persona if “Quick Reply” is disabled, meaning it won’t fire as it can’t locate that specific component.

The downside is that you might not want the quick reply function, but I think it’s a PITA to scroll up to the top of the post just to reply, so I have it on 🙂

• 5 Votes
    13 Posts
    'use strict'; const winston = require('winston'); const user = require('../user'); const notifications = require('../notifications'); const sockets = require('../socket.io'); const plugins = require('../plugins'); const meta = require('../meta'); module.exports = function (Messaging) { Messaging.notifyQueue = {}; // Only used to notify a user of a new chat message, see Messaging.notifyUser Messaging.notifyUsersInRoom = async (fromUid, roomId, messageObj) => { let uids = await Messaging.getUidsInRoom(roomId, 0, -1); uids = await user.blocks.filterUids(fromUid, uids); let data = { roomId: roomId, fromUid: fromUid, message: messageObj, uids: uids, }; data = await plugins.hooks.fire('filter:messaging.notify', data); if (!data || !data.uids || !data.uids.length) { return; } uids = data.uids; uids.forEach((uid) => { data.self = parseInt(uid, 10) === parseInt(fromUid, 10) ? 1 : 0; Messaging.pushUnreadCount(uid); sockets.in(`uid_${uid}`).emit('event:chats.receive', data); }); if (messageObj.system) { return; } // Delayed notifications let queueObj = Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromUid}:${roomId}`]; if (queueObj) { queueObj.message.content += `\n${messageObj.content}`; clearTimeout(queueObj.timeout); } else { queueObj = { message: messageObj, }; Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromUid}:${roomId}`] = queueObj; } queueObj.timeout = setTimeout(async () => { try { await sendNotifications(fromUid, uids, roomId, queueObj.message); } catch (err) { winston.error(`[messaging/notifications] Unabled to send notification\n${err.stack}`); } }, meta.config.notificationSendDelay * 1000); }; async function sendNotifications(fromuid, uids, roomId, messageObj) { const isOnline = await user.isOnline(uids); uids = uids.filter((uid, index) => !isOnline[index] && parseInt(fromuid, 10) !== parseInt(uid, 10)); if (!uids.length) { return; } if (roomId != 11) { // 5 Is the ID of the ID of the global chat room. Messaging.getUidsInRoom(roomId, 0, -1); // Proceed as normal. } else { user.getUidsFromSet('users:online', 0, -1); // Only notify online users. } const { displayname } = messageObj.fromUser; const isGroupChat = await Messaging.isGroupChat(roomId); const notification = await notifications.create({ type: isGroupChat ? 'new-group-chat' : 'new-chat', subject: `[[email:notif.chat.subject, ${displayname}]]`, bodyShort: `[[notifications:new_message_from, ${displayname}]]`, bodyLong: messageObj.content, nid: `chat_${fromuid}_${roomId}`, from: fromuid, path: `/chats/${messageObj.roomId}`, }); delete Messaging.notifyQueue[`${fromuid}:${roomId}`]; notifications.push(notification, uids); } };
  • 3 Votes
    9 Posts

The real issue here is that most people consider forums to be “dead” in the sense that nobody uses them anymore, and social media groups have taken their place. Their once dominant stance in the 90’s and early 00’s will never be experienced again, but having said that, there are a number of forums that did in fact survive the social media onslaught, and still enjoy a large user base.

Forums tend to be niche. One that immediately sticks out is Reddit - despite looking like it was designed in the 80s, it still has an enormous user base. Another is Stack Overflow, which needs no introduction. The key to any forum is the content it offers, and the more people whom contribute in terms of posting , the more popular and widely respected it becomes as a reliable source of information.

Forums are still intensely popular with gamers, alongside those that offer tips on hacking etc.

• 4 Votes
    25 Posts
    2k Views

Topic open
    https://sudonix.com/topic/207/nodebb-help-for-my-custom-css