Skip to content

Cannot read property 'config' of undefined

Solved Configure
  • I’ve seen plenty of useless error messages over my career in IT, but this one really takes the p…

After recovering my Ghost blog, I was met with the below error

sudonix@vps:~/domains/content.sudonix.com/public_html$ ghost start
    ✔ Checking system Node.js version - found v14.18.1
    ℹ Ensuring user is not logged in as ghost user [skipped]
    ℹ Checking if logged in user is directory owner [skipped]
    ✔ Checking current folder permissions
    ✔ Validating config
    ✔ Checking memory availability
    ✔ Checking binary dependencies
    ✖ Starting Ghost: content-sudonix-com
    A GhostError occurred.

Message: Ghost was able to start, but errored during boot with: Cannot read property 'config' of undefined

Debug Information:
        Node Version: v14.18.1
        Ghost Version: 4.22.4
        Ghost-CLI Version: 1.18.0
        Environment: production
        Command: 'ghost start'

Additional log info available in: /home/sudonix/.ghost/logs/ghost-cli-debug-2021-11-22T11_29_19_297Z.log

Try running ghost doctor to check your system for known issues.

Now let’s be 100% transparent here. This error message means nothing to nobody, isn’t documented anywhere on the Ghost forums, and is as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I was ready to throw in the towel and choose another platform, then it suddenly dawned on me that I’m not using the default Casper theme, but Leibling, which of course, is missing. I downloaded this, and extracted it to the themes directory, and lo and behold…

sudonix@vps:~/domains/content.sudonix.com/public_html$ ghost start
    ✔ Checking system Node.js version - found v14.18.1
    ℹ Ensuring user is not logged in as ghost user [skipped]
    ℹ Checking if logged in user is directory owner [skipped]
    ✔ Checking current folder permissions
    ✔ Validating config
    ✔ Checking memory availability
    ✔ Checking binary dependencies
    ✔ Starting Ghost: content-sudonix-com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your admin interface is located at:

https://content.sudonix.com/ghost/

sudonix@vps:~/domains/content.sudonix.com/public_html$

Something to bear in mind in case you run across the same issue.

Shame on 👻 for not being more specific around the true origin of this error.

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab has marked this topic as solved on

Did this solution help you?
Did you find the suggested solution useful? Why not buy me a coffee? It's a nice gesture, and a great way to show your appreciation💗

• Getting Eror When Started NodeBB

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    7 Posts

@phenomlab yes i did.

i deleted one of plugin then it started to work normally.

• 2 Votes
    11 Posts

@veronikya said in mongodb replica set:

The host’s local dns resolution is not configured. The problem of the host’s hosts being unable to be resolved in docker has been solved. Surprisingly
    Solution:
    Edit the /etc/resovel.conf file
    Add 127.0.0.53

One immediate issue I can think of here is that editing resolv.conf directly is no longer supported and not recommended (because the changes do not survive a reboot) - unless you install the resolvconf package?

• Category For User

Solved Configure
    12 Votes
    11 Posts

3.5.1 has now been released. I’ve just deployed it, so safe to do so!

• Upgrade issues

Solved Configure
    2 Votes
    2 Posts

Use this code

git fetch # Grab the latest code from the NodeBB repository git checkout v3.x git reset --hard origin/v3.x

And you will have the latest version without specifying it

https://docs.nodebb.org/configuring/upgrade/

• 2 Votes
    9 Posts

@Panda I see why - if you check the browser console, there’s an error logged there. This is from one of my VM’s

image.png

There is a decision tree that pulls the value of the editor theme from the saved browser settings on each load, but that fails if the theme has never been changed, and the user has the default (in your case, you are using light mode, so it serves “flatly” by default, but the editor itself is never set and returns null

This below code changes that

/* If savedTheme is undefined it will return null - based on this, we assume that the user has the default theme selected and never changed it, so we'll need to force that here */ if(!savedTheme) { var savedTheme = "flatly"; }

If you reload your browser and test again, it should work properly.

• 2 Votes
    18 Posts

@Panda You’ll need to do that with js. With some quick CSS changes, it looks like this

d619844f-fbfe-4cf1-a283-6b7364f6bf18-image.png

The colour choice is still really hard on the eye, but at least you can now read the text

• 18 Votes
    53 Posts
    3k Views

@JAC said in KeepSolid VPN Unlimited DEAL:

although all are going to have their own flaws one way or another,

Exactly that - none of them are going to suit every individual purpose. You have to read the reviews, decide what functionality you need, and then make a judgement call for yourself (and your own unique needs).

There is no “wrong or right”, although I would steer clear of those that do not have a no-logs policy for privacy reasons alone.

• 49 Votes
    213 Posts
    14k Views

@crazycells briefly, yes. I think what concerns be the most with home brew VPN convective like this is a lack of security updates, and potentially leaving yourself open.

I’ve yet to actually try it, but I know there are a variety of ways to achieve the same goal.