Skip to content

WordPress installation

WordPress
  • Realistically should an installation of wordpress be on a sub domain or can it be placed in a sub folder? So domain.com/hub
    hub.domain.com.

I’m looking to create a news type fan site where I’m able to feed in news, YouTube etc via RSS plugin? 🤞🏻 and amongst a few articles from myself to have a directory of any County fans that offer a service / own a business etc that can be added and built up.

And I’m also hoping nodebb supports scope for something at the bottom of articles to say “why not discuss this more in our forum?” Something along these lines.

I’m hoping to build something like this up slowly.

Many thanks.

• @jac said in WordPress installation:

Realistically should an installation of wordpress be on a sub domain or can it be placed in a sub folder? So domain.com/hub
    hub.domain.com.

I’m looking to create a news type fan site where I’m able to feed in news, YouTube etc via RSS plugin? 🤞🏻 and amongst a few articles from myself to have a directory of any County fans that offer a service / own a business etc that can be added and built up.

And I’m also hoping nodebb supports scope for something at the bottom of articles to say “why not discuss this more in our forum?” Something along these lines.

I’m hoping to build something like this up slowly.

Many thanks.

https://www.npmjs.com/package/nodebb-plugin-sso-wordpress

• @jac

Realistically should an installation of wordpress be on a sub domain or can it be placed in a sub folder?

It should be in a sub domain. Whilst subfolder installations will work for the most part, you’ll have issues attempting to route traffic destined for the WordPress folder as NodeBB will consider this it’s traffic and try to route it internally.

That should be the other way round, no ? For example, “discuss this on our forum” should be in the WordPress site as otherwise you’re already in the NodeBB site 🤔

• @jac that plugin is for single sign on between WordPress and NodeBB. The plugin you really need is this

• @phenomlab said in WordPress installation:

@jac

Realistically should an installation of wordpress be on a sub domain or can it be placed in a sub folder?

It should be in a sub domain. Whilst subfolder installations will work for the most part, you’ll have issues attempting to route traffic destined for the WordPress folder as NodeBB will consider this it’s traffic and try to route it internally.

That should be the other way round, no ? For example, “discuss this on our forum” should be in the WordPress site as otherwise you’re already in the NodeBB site 🤔

Apologies for not explaining very well, thats what I meant sorry.

• @phenomlab said in WordPress installation:

@jac that plugin is for single sign on between WordPress and NodeBB. The plugin you really need is this

Brilliant, that does look good! 😁

• phenomlabundefined phenomlab marked this topic as a regular topic on