NodeBB customisation

Locked Customisation

• 3 Votes
    11 Posts

@cagatay no problems

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)

• 3 Votes
    6 Posts

@phenomlab

haha!!
    You are crazy. In a good way, of course 🙂

It’s a way of saying you’re awesome !

• 4 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views

@DownPW done

• 38 Votes
    193 Posts
    28k Views

OMG make sense

Thanks dude 🙂

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts

@phenomlab said in How to set a signature in NodeBB?:

@jac No issues at all with copying. This is set using the signature for the user you are posting as. In the case of Hostrisk, it’s set like the below

7bf04183-f6e8-4d72-b0eb-c9a05c9cd24b-image.png

You can set the signature by using https://domain.com/user/theuser/edit

Mamy thanks Mark, I’ll set this up later 😁.

• 9 Votes
    47 Posts
    4k Views

@phenomlab said in RSS parser script [NodeBB]:

@jac Not yet. Sorry. Have some other work commitments I need to prioritise. Hoping to get to this over the weekend.

No worries at all mate, thanks 👍🏻