Locked Customisation

• 5 Votes
    4 Posts

@DownPW thanks. I forgot about that.

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts

@eeeee if you’re using the console, you could try

node app.js > app.log 2>&1

This would redirect stdout to a file named app.log and redirect stderr to stdout.

I’m not sure about standard logging under NodeBB, but there is an error log located at logs/error.log.

Failing that, you could always stop the NodeBB service then use ./nodebb dev from the console which would then provide debug output.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts

@eveh Welcome board 🙂

The code you are referring to is custom written as no such functionality exists under NodeBB. However, adding the functionality is relatively trivial. Below are the required steps

Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-header Add the below code to your header, and save once completed <ol id="mainbanner" class="breadcrumb"><li id="addtext">Your Title Goes Here</li></ol> Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-js and add the below code, then save $(document).ready(function() { $(window).on('action:ajaxify.end', function(data) { // Initialise mainbanner ID, but hide it from view $('#mainbanner').hide(); var pathname = window.location.pathname; if (pathname === "/") { $("#addtext").text("Your Title"); $('#mainbanner').show(); } else {} // If we want to add a title to a sub page, uncomment the below and adjust accordingly //if (pathname === "/yourpath") { //$("#addtext").text("Your Title"); //$('#mainbanner').show(); //} }); }); Navigate to /admin/appearance/customise#custom-css and add the below CSS block .breadcrumb { right: 0; margin-right: auto; text-align: center; background: #0086c4; color: #ffffff; width: 100vw; position: relative; margin-left: -50vw; left: 50%; top: 50px; position: fixed; z-index: 1020; }

Note, that you will need to adjust your CSS code to suit your own site / requirements.

• 2 Votes
    10 Posts

@DownPW

We just have to change the cycles automatically according to each period ?

Yes, this is by far the safest

I think it is possible to achieve the goal, I have already seen this kind of thing on a site without any perf problems.

It’s certainly possible, but not without issues or impact to performance (in my view)

• 38 Votes
    193 Posts
    27k Views

OMG make sense

Thanks dude 🙂

• 3 Votes
    12 Posts

@cagatay you’ll need to define this in the body tag (or another element if you want greater or more granular targets) - for example

body { font-family: "Poppins"; font-size: 16px; }

Essentially, you use the font-size CSS directive.

• NodeBB Footer

Solved Customisation
    1 Votes
    10 Posts

@phenomlab said in NodeBB Footer:

@jac and you. Hope all is well and you recover quickly

Thanks pal 😁🤝🏻

• [NodeBB] username cards

Solved Customisation
    5 Votes
    8 Posts

@phenomlab

Aha…nice to know. As always thank you for the reply and information.